We all know the importance of storing our weed properly. After all, you don’t want your precious herb to go bad and become stale! But how do you keep your stash fresh? That’s what this blog is all about—we’ll explore how to store marijuana properly so that it stays tasty and potent for as long as possible.
First of all, it’s important to point out that there is no one single best way to store weed!
First of all, it’s important to point out that there is no one single best way to store weed! There are many different ways to store marijuana, and you will need to find what works for you. Some people like to keep it in jars, some like to keep it in bags, some like to keep it in tins, etc.
Store your weed in a jar or something similar.
The best way to store your weed is in a glass jar or something similar. You can use a metal tin, but it’s not as effective at removing air and protecting the marijuana from sunlight, heat and moisture. The key here is to remove all of the air from inside the container. This will keep your marijuana fresh for longer by minimizing contact with oxygen. Also make sure that whatever you are using has an airtight seal so no moisture can get in through any cracks or holes on the sides of the container
Glass jars are great for storing weed!
The first method of storing your weed is to keep it in a glass jar. Glass jars are great for storing marijuana because they are airtight and prevent the weed from drying out, which causes it to lose its potency. Glass jars have several other pros as well: you can easily label them with what’s inside, they’re easy to clean, easy to find when you need them and easy to stack without taking up much space. Not only that but if you ever want to transport your stash around town—or even across state lines—glass jars are a convenient way of keeping things organized! If a jar breaks or cracks while traveling with your stash, there’s nothing worse than not being able to find all the pieces!
Another alternative to using a glass jar is using a metal tin with airtight lid.
- Another alternative to using a glass jar is using a metal tin with airtight lid. Metal tins are great for storing your weed as they are airtight, meaning they can keep your weed fresh for longer than most other storage options.
- Metal tins are cheap and easy to get, so if you’re looking for something more discreet than a glass jar then this is the way forward! They also have the added advantage of keeping your stash safe from any unwanted eyes or paws!
Remove all air from the container and make sure it’s sealed tight.
- Remove all the air. The best way to store your weed is to remove all the air from the container and seal it tight. This will keep moisture out, which can make your bud soggy and gross. To do this, you can use a vacuum sealer, but if you don’t have one of those handy then here are some other options:
- Use a straw or piece of paper to suck out any last bits of air before sealing the jar or bag shut.
- Use a vacuum pump (like this one). I haven’t used one myself but it seems like an easy solution; just stick your jar inside and squeeze away! It’s supposed to be able to remove about 99% of trapped moisture by removing air from within jars/bags/etc., so that sounds pretty good for keeping things fresh!
- Or try this method from The Weed Blog: fill an empty bag with dried rice or other food-safe desiccants (you could also use silica gel packets), place it in your container with cannabis buds inside, then tie up both ends tightly so they’re sealed off completely without letting any air escape through small holes where they meet together at opposite ends (or anywhere else!). Leave it overnight…and voila! You’ve got yourself some perfectly preserved marijuana that should last longer than normal now 🙂
Keep your marijuana away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The first rule of keeping marijuana fresh is to keep it away from sunlight, heat and moisture. Light, heat and moisture make your weed go bad faster, so you should store it in a cool, dark place.
Keep your cannabis in an airtight container that won’t allow any light to get through. A Tupperware container with a tight lid works perfectly well because it keeps out both light and oxygen while still allowing you to handle the bud without spilling any seeds into the container as you put them in there. You can also use Ziploc bags if you don’t have access to Tupperware containers or if they are too expensive for your budget (which will happen when trying to purchase everything else on this list).
Also place the container somewhere that stays between (13-18 degrees Celsius) at all times so that moisture does not build up inside of them over time due to high temperatures making things spoil quickly!
Weed storage isn’t an exact science, but there are some tried-and-true ways to keep it fresh and tasty!
There are many different ways to store weed, but the best way is to keep it cool, dry and dark. The refrigerator is not the best place to store your stash because it will dry out (unless you have a moisture-proof container). The freezer is also not recommended as temperatures below 32°F can cause damage to your nugs.
The freezer may be fine for storing edibles—which are typically sealed in an airtight bag or container—but if you’re buying buds from a dispensary or growing your own plants at home, chances are that you’ll want something more sophisticated than a Tupperware container.
Luckily for us there are plenty of options on the market: from cheap plastic bags with twist ties on top all the way up to airtight containers made specifically for storing marijuana buds!
For the most part, proper storage of marijuana is not that difficult. We hope that this article has given you some ideas on how best to store your weed, and helped demystify some of the common myths surrounding it!